Conference on the topic of ‘Aims of Tort Law’ on the 16th and 17th of October 2015 in the Old City Hall, Wipplingerstraße 6-8, 1010 Vienna, was organized by the Sino-European Private Law Forum (Yantai), the Institute for European Tort Law (ETL, Vienna) and the European Centre of Tort and Insurance Law (ECTIL, Vienna)
- Conference on Human Rights and Tort Law, December 1, 2009
- Conference on the topic of ‘Aims of Tort Law’, 16-17 October 2015, Vienna
- Conference on Compulsory Liability Insurance in European Legal Systems
- Directors' and Officers' (D&O) Liability, 28 March 2017, Vienna
- European Group on Tort Law Meeting
- Medical Malpractice in Global Context Conference, December 3-4, 2010
- Symposium: Journalistic Privilege 20 March 4:30pm
- World Tort Law Society's Conference on the topic of Product Liability, 17 September 2015, Vienna
- 9th Annual Conference on European Tort Law 8-10 April 2010
- Symposium: Presserat – quo vadis? March 31, 2011, 4:30 pm
- Media Governance between Law and Self-Regulation, 5. November, 2009, 16.30
- Symposium: WikiLeaks – New Rules for New Forms of Communication?, October 6, 2011
The Conference on the topic of ‘The Aims of Tort Law’, which took place on 16th and 17th October 2015 in the Old City Hall, Wipplingerstraße 6-8, 1010 Vienna, was jointly organised by the Sino-European Private Law Forum, the Institute for European Tort Law (ETL) and the European Centre of Tort and Insurance Law (ECTIL).
At the start of the Conference, Helmut KOZIOL (Vienna/Graz) presented an introduction into issues the project is dealing with. This was followed by five topics which were each analysed by a Chinese and a European presenter. The speakers were be CAO Xianfeng (Jilin), CUI Jianyuan (Beijing), GUO Mingrui (Yantai), WANG Cheng (Peking) and ZHANG Pinghua (Yantai) as well as Michael FAURE (Maastricht/Rotterdam), Monika HINTEREGGER (Graz), Ernst KARNER (Wien), Ken OLIPHANT (Bristol) and Alessandro SCARSO (Milan). The Conference provided ample opportunity for discussion and debate.
Pictures of the event are available here.